No Returns Procedure
CAEM does not allow the customer to return goods, unless under special circumstances and with written consent from someone authorised to make this decision (MD or Manager). If the customer wishes to return goods to CAEM, they should first contact the Customer Support department on 01782 794500, or firstname.lastname@example.org. The customer will need to detail the items to be returned, and the reason for the return. This needs to take place within 7 days of the initial delivery date.
A return could be arranged if:-
- All shipping costs to return the goods to CAEM Talke are paid for by the customer.
- The goods are in immaculate condition – as they were when sent to the customer. A credit note will not be issued if the goods are returned in a poor condition.
- The goods are packaged in the same way as they were when initially sent out by CAEM. If goods are damaged due to incorrect packaging when returned to CAEM, no credit note will be issued.
- An authorised person at CAEM (MD or Manager) will decide whether to issue a credit note, or to raise a purchase order to ‘buy back’ the stock. The value at which CAEM will buy back will be at around 50% of original selling price.
Each return will be assessed individually.
Initially, if the packaging appears to be damaged on receipt of goods then the customer will need to write this clearly on the couriers’/delivery companies’ paperwork along with a signature. The damaged packaging will also need to be reported to CAEM’s customer support department immediately.
We then allow a 48 hour time frame (starting from the time of the initial delivery) for the Customer to check all goods received for damages. If goods received are in fact damaged (at the fault of CAEM or our chosen delivery company), this should be notified to CAEM within this 48 hour frame. The customer should first contact the Customer Support department on 01782 794500 or email@example.com. The customer will then need to provide full details of the damages (along with a DDT number to allow the order to be traced easily), and also provide photographs of the damaged goods.
CAEM will decide to either:-
- Request that the customer dispose of the damaged goods. CAEM will then raise a credit note to the customer’s account.
- Arrange collection of the damaged goods from the customer’s premises. Once the stock has been received and checked by CAEM, a credit note will be raised.
- Request that the customer dispose of the damaged goods. CAEM will then send out free of charge replacements for all damaged goods.
- Arrange collection of the damaged goods from the customer’s premises. Once the stock has been received and checked by CAEM, free of charge replacements for the damaged goods will be sent out.
Please note – Any damages reported outside of the 48 hour time frame will not be considered for credit.
All shortages should be notified to CAEM within 48 hours of the initial delivery of the order. The customer should first contact the Customer Support department on 01782 794500, or firstname.lastname@example.org giving full details of the products(s) short delivered.
CAEM will arrange for products to be sent as soon as possible after the shortage has been reported and confirmed by our Warehouse Manager (subject to stock availability). Should the customer require an express delivery service, the customer will be responsible for any additional cost incurred, unless pre agreed by CAEM in writing.
Please note – Any shortages reported outside of the 48 hour time frame will not be considered for credit or replacement.
Internal Ref V3 28062018